If you haven’t taken your business digital at this point, especially after the craziness of 2020, then it’s safe to say you are hurting your business more than helping it. However, digital marketing is a broad statement, and to do it right you’ll have to hone in on specific strategies and techniques that actually move the needle to where you want your business to be. You might be asking yourself, “Do I need to use social media? Do I need to be on Google? Should I actually be shooting videos about my life?” Yes, yes, and yes, but how you actually execute online is what clearly sets you apart from the competition.
Geoff Zimpfer has been in real estate since 2003, through the ups and downs of the market in the last 2 decades, and if there’s one thing he’s taken away from the industry shift, it’s that digital initiatives, or the lack thereof, will make or break your business. Starting out as a mortgage originator in Orange County, CA, Geoff learned the ins and outs of the mortgage business. Fast forward to now, and he’s a national sales trainer and coach, helping other lenders, brokers and agents navigate the mind field of digital marketing. In 2020 he then compiled all this knowledge into a book, Disrupt or Die | How to Survive and Thrive the Digital Real Estate Shift.
On this podcast, Geoff and I chat about the importance of having a digital presence, and why the personal side of marketing is more important than ever for anyone in real estate. He walks us through the top five ways to build rapport with a potential client before even meeting them, and how to determine which strategies will work best for your goals (you can’t choose them all!) Tune in this week to hear all about the strategies that are actually converting in 2021 and how you can use them to achieve highest and best results for your business.
Three Things You’ll Learn in This Episode
- The importance of having multiple marketing streams
- The worst kind of marketing is one. Having only one stream of business is a huge vulnerability to your business. We’ll talk about why and how to diversify your streams of marketing.
- What marketing strategies actually work for YOU
- Not every strategy is one size fits all, and you must determine which is most effective, comfortable and convenient for your business. If you try to do everything you’ll spread yourself too thin, with only one strategy you’ll short yourself on opportunities. We’ll talk about how to determine which strategies to dive into, and how those can work for you.
- How to ‘own the search’ for your city
- I’m sure you’ve heard the term of ‘digital mayor’, but how do you actually do that? We’ll walk you through how to create authoritative content on YouTube, Google, and other platforms that will get you seen by anyone looking to learn more about real estate in your city.