With the 2021 market continuing to be unpredictable, you may be used to seeing different client concerns and interactions that are likely a bit different than you’re used to. Sellers now are worried about finding somewhere new to stay, and buyers are plentiful but that’s making competition fierce. However, there are ways to continue to stay ahead and work with top quality clients that want to do business with you. It’s all about the solutions you can solve for your clients and how to create the optimal scenario for them. What strategies are you using today to create optimal scenarios for your clients? How can you improve your offer to stand out in a 2021 market?
Michael Bernoff is the President and Founder of the Human Communications Institute, a leader in the personal and professional development industry. He works directly with individuals as well as corporate executives who desire to transform their corporate culture in an ever changing marketplace. During his own journey of self-discovery, Michael studied and modeled effective leaders recognized worldwide. He focused on their philosophies, strategies, and techniques that have consistently produced rapid and lasting change. By combining a variety of these proven disciplines and his own strategies, Michael has created his own programs that he now teaches to people looking to level up their life, skills, and business to stop being average.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear Michael run through many scenarios that we see commonly in today’s market, and how to respond efficiently and effectively. We’ll discuss how to respond to objections, get clients to say yes faster, and how to build rapport easily without being pushy. If you’re looking to brush up on your conversation skills and pick up new tactics to improve your craft, this episode is for you. Tune in to be the best salesperson you can without feeling like you’re selling at all.
Three Things You’ll Learn in This Episode
- How to lead conversations without a sales approach
- You always want to be in control of your conversations with clients and in order to do so there’s a certain strategy to implement. We’ll talk about 3 ways to lead the conversation by making your client still feel in control.
- How to get hired before you show up
- There’s a difference between working with people, and people wanting to work with you. The latter is always easier and leads to more success in closing deals. Find out one way to keep your brand in shape and relatable.
- How to discuss costs comfortably and effectively
- Especially today, costs are often a touchy subject for many clients. Knowing how to navigate this conversation comfortably and professionally is important for everyone. Not only will you learn how to assure much happier clients, but also more money in your pocket as you’ll be able to justify a higher cost.