If you want to resonate with prospects on video, storytelling is key. But how do you identify stories that fit your brand? How do you shape those stories to fit a particular audience? Can you learn to be your own publicist and pitch a story to local news outlets?
Gigi Barnett is the founder of Story Sell Your Brand, a consulting firm that offers small business owners a customized roadmap to expand their media exposure. A former TV news anchor and reporter, Gigi is an expert in helping clients pitch to producers or editors and market their business through storytelling.
Today, Gigi joins me to discuss the importance of telling stories people can relate to and taking your audience into consideration as you plan your pitch. She shares her process for producing a message, explaining how to craft stories around trends, timing and localizing a national headline. Listen in for Gigi’s insight on finding the thing that makes you different, overcoming the fear of telling your story, and earning visibility AND credibility with media exposure!
- Gigi’s transition from news anchor to media consultant
- How to overcome hang-ups about your appearance
- Backing up your story with numbers and testimonials
- The importance of telling stories people can relate to
- Why it’s crucial to consider your audience
- Finding news stories in trends, timing and localization
- Why Gigi recommends headlines including WHY + HOW
- The power of media to give you visibility and credibility
- Finding the noteworthy aspect that differentiates you
- Overcoming the fear of telling your story to help people