Flamingo pool floats. Flamingo birthday cards. Flamingo party games and party favors. Tara Carter has designed her real estate brand around the bright pink birds, and it has paid off. When people in the South Florida market see flamingos, they think of Tara—and then they tag her on social media to let her know! So, how do you develop a distinct personal brand like Tara’s? And how do you then use it to attract clients to your business?
Tara Carter is a top-performer on the KW Great Florida Homes Team serving Coral Springs, Parkland and Fort Lauderdale. Tara served as the face of a local restaurant and nightclub for eight years, and she brings her expertise in concierge service to her work as a real estate agent. Tara is also a master marketer, teaching regular classes on the topic of branding and referral generation. With four years of experience as a realtor, she has sold $12M in real estate so far this year, and Tara is a Certified Referral Trainer for Michael J. Maher and President of KW Young Professionals.
Today, Tara joins me to explain how she came to use flamingos to represent her brand and describe how she incorporates that theme throughout the real estate transaction. She weighs in on generating business through open houses and referrals from her SOI and other agents. Tara also shares her system of reaching out to her database every quarter and discusses how she generates additional referrals through housewarming parties for her clients. Listen in for Tara’s insight on building a five-star concierge vendor list and learn to attract clients through a memorable personal brand!
- How Tara learned marketing as the face of a local restaurant
- Tara’s insight on what it means to provide concierge service
- Why Tara consistently wears only pink, black and white
- How Tara came to use flamingos as a theme for her brand
- How Tara incorporates her brand throughout a transaction
- Generating business through SOI, referrals and past clients
- Tara’s system of reaching out to her database every quarter
- How Tara generates referrals at housewarming parties
- Why you need an ENGAGED database rather than a big one
- Tara’s advice on building a five-star concierge vendor list
- Tara’s weekly goal of giving five referrals + receiving one
- Using a theme to talk about your business without selling
- How people connect with the individual behind the brand
Connect with Tara
Follow Tara on Instagram at www.instagram.com/mstaracarter or Facebook at facebook.com/TaraSellsFLHomes. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 661-6990.
‘The Death of Real Estate Lead Generation & the Rise of Attraction’ on the REMD Blog
7L: The Seven Levels of Communication: Go from Relationships to Referrals by Michael J. Maher
Keller Williams Young Professionals