If you’re willing to design a real estate brand that’s way, way outside the box, you’re going to repel some folks. When I started the Dude brand, I was accused of being unprofessional. And The Mortgage Geek got the same kind of hate early on. But if you’re willing to stick with it, stay true to yourself, and continue creating media around your brand, you WILL attract clients who resonate with your message.
Sean Cahan is the President of Cornerstone Mortgage Group. He has 15-plus years of experience in the lending space, overseeing the operations and production of over $650M in loans annually through Cornerstone’s privately-owned bank in San Diego. Sean also happens to be a total goofball who’s not afraid to put some tape on his glasses and geek out, educating the mortgage community through his real estate videos and new coaching program.
On this episode, Sean joins me to talk about the early days of The Mortgage Geek, explaining how his outside-the-box marketing strategy led to lost market share early on. He discusses how often he posts new content, when his videos finally started turning into business, and how The Mortgage Geek platform generates organic consumer leads. Listen in for insight around using video to connect and content to covert—and learn to attract clients by way of authenticity, media and branding.
- What inspired Sean to step outside the marketing box
- How Sean backs up his goofy personality with content
- When Sean’s videos started turning into business
- Nailing one social media platform at a time
- How Sean’s videos generate organic consumer lead gen
- How a video series obligates you to create content
- Sean’s approach to following up with referral partners
- How often Sean posts videos to maintain consistency
- Looking at content creation as modern day prospecting
- Using video to connect + content to convert clients
Connect with Sean
Learn more about The Mortgage Geek at mortgagegeek.com or subscribe to his YouTube channel at youtube.com/channel/UCyeuMUu-mUGrfQ_69t4AdnQ. Follow Sean on Facebook at facebook.com/SeanCahan or Instagram at instagram.com/themortgagegeek.