Wouldn’t it be nice to build trust with potential clients before you’ve met in person? To have instant rapport with people at an open house or community event? To maintain a connection with your database without coming off as the ‘cheesy realtor’? Kyle Whissel has found a way through video, becoming the Digital Mayor of his market. And he does it without even talking about real estate!
Kyle is the Broker-Owner at Whissel Realty, an award-winning family-owned brokerage with three offices in San Diego County. Whissel has been recognized as the #5 team in the state of California by Trulia and Zillow and the #1 real estate team in the county by The Wall Street Journal. Kyle is also the master of localized video, earning his brokerage the honor of BombBomb’s #1 real estate video influencer in North America.
Today, Kyle joins me to explain how video functions in building your personal brand as an agent. He offers advice around overcoming analysis paralysis, embracing your authentic personality, and editing to make the first few seconds of each video a ‘thumb-stopper.’ Kyle speaks to his weekly show, East County Eats, explaining why he chose to focus on local restaurants as opposed to talking solely about real estate and how his relationships with local business owners translate to listings. Listen in to understand how video serves as a form of digital farming and learn how to use video to stay in front of your database!
- How video functions to build your personal brand
- Kyle’s insight on overcoming analysis paralysis
- The significance of being yourself on video
- Kyle’s decision to invest in a full-time videographer
- Making the first few seconds of your video a thumb-stopper
- The benefits of Kyle’s weekly show on local restaurants
- How to look at video as a form of digital farming
- How to use video to reconnect with your database
- The value of videos that promote community events
- How promoting local businesses translates to listings
- Kyle’s approach to generating two videos from a single event
- How Kyle implements the idea of ‘document, don’t create’
Connect with Kyle Whissel
Learn more about Whissel Realty at whisselrealty.com or join the Facebook Group at facebook.com/groups/836198436538680/. Check out East County Eats on YouTube at youtube.com/channel/UCjuQNMfuQLMEKiO7cH76hjg or Facebook at facebook.com/pg/EastCountyEats/videos.