Ever had a friend or family member cheat on you with another real estate agent?
If the people closest to you forget what you do for a living, you’re obviously not marketing to your sphere on a consistent basis. And in a referral-based business, it’s crucial that people remember you and what you do. But how do you stay in front of your database without resorting to boring sales messages or bragging about how much you make? What’s the best way to create brand awareness so that people automatically associate YOU with real estate?
On this episode of Real Estate Marketing Dude, I’m going solo to discuss how building a brand with video generates referrals. I explain the value of consistently communicating to the same audience over time and teach you how to hijack the Bed Bath & Beyond business model to farm past customers—rather than blowing the bulk of your marketing budget on Zillow and Realtor.com leads.
I weigh in on the significance of expanding your database to include friends and family, sharing how I made $32K in 12 months marketing to my in-laws through direct mail and social media. Listen in to understand why video is the most effective way to establish a brand story quickly, why people pay more attention to HOW you say things versus WHAT you say, and why building top-of-mind brand awareness is EVERYTHING in a referral-based business like real estate!
- Growing the number of people who know you + what you do
- Consistently communicating to the same audience over time
- How to leverage the Bed Bath & Beyond business model
- Marketing to existing customers vs. converting new clients
- Using video to farm relationships on social media channels
- Why you should expand your database to friends and family
- How I made $32K marketing to my wife’s side of the family
- Why video is the most effective way to build a brand fast
- The role of body language + tone of voice in communication
- The power of visual imagery and consistency of storytelling
- Building top-of-mind brand awareness to generate referrals