We’ve all heard the cautionary tale about putting all our eggs in one basket. And it’s in our best interest to learn all we can about (and take advantage of!) the diverse opportunities in real estate, including the benefits of multifamily syndication. Knowledge is leverage and the ability to engage in conversation about commercial real estate investing can open new doors for you as an agent.
Anna Myers is the Vice President of Growcapitus Investments, a firm dedicated to finding and presenting rock solid commercial real estate investments to its capital partners. The team is on a mission to help investors become financially free by putting their money in apartment buildings, student and senior housing in choice markets across the country. Growcapitus also runs an educational platform known as 3 that offers online and in-person training around multifamily investment and current trends in real estate.
Today, Anna joins me to discuss the benefits of multifamily investing, from the enormous tax benefits to the scalability of the business model. She explains what it means to be a multifamily syndicator, describing the difference between a general and limited partner and the high-level due diligence required for commercial properties. Listen in for Anna’s insight into investing in Opportunity Zones and learn to leverage your role as a real estate agent to get involved in the multifamily investing space!
- The enormous tax benefits of multifamily investing
- Why you must partner with investors to truly scale
- How a very small team manages 1,800 doors
- Why agents need to diversity their offerings
- The high-level due diligence required in syndication
- What it means to be a multifamily syndicator
- The difference between limited and general partners
- The areas where Anna’s firm prefers to invest
- How Anna’s tech background applies to underwriting
- The tax benefits of investing in Opportunity Zones
- How you control the value of a multifamily asset
- Grocapitus’ role as ‘the syndicator of syndicators’
Connect with Anna Myers
Learn more about multifamily syndication at multifamilyu.com. Sign up for the Apartment Magic eBootcamp at multifamilyu.com/ebootcamp and access the free webinar on Opportunity Zones at multifamilyu.com/opportunityzones.