‘If you’ve been in this industry long enough, and you’ve got a database, and you give value, and you truly care—you can’t fail. You can have ups and downs, but you’re never going to wake up one day and be out of business.’
How do you keep your brand in front of people without talking about real estate or mortgages? By serving as a referral resource.
Erin Bradley is Branch Manager at Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, running a team of six in three offices out of Denver and Winter Park. She has been in the business since 2006, helping hundreds of Colorado residents secure mortgage financing. Erin’s unique lead generation model led her to create systems that translate to any referral-based business and served as the impetus for her book, Pursuing Freedom: Be Yourself, Increase Your Referrals and Have More Fun Growing Your Business!
Today, Erin joins me to explain why she was uncomfortable with self-serving, traditional sales calls. She walks us through the system she teaches referral-based business owners around building a database of trusted local service providers and making value-add calls to stay top-of-mind. Erin offers insight on securing direct client referrals and making sales calls on behalf of realtor-partners. Listen in for ideas on building relationships with service providers and learn how to best serve as a referral resource for your tribe!
- Why Erin was uncomfortable with traditional sales calls
- The model Erin uses to ramp up production
- Erin’s database of trusted local service providers
- The script Erin uses to build her database and stay top-of-mind
- How Erin follows up calls with a note or gift
- Keeping your brand in front of people without talking real estate
- The benefit of leading by helping others
- Erin’s reliance on her database vs. realtor partners
- How Erin’s team makes sales calls on behalf of agents
- The concept of an action item or opportunity alert
- How building relationships with service providers benefits Erin
- Strategies for nurturing your tribe and reaching their audience
Connect with Erin Bradley
Learn more about Erin’s business on Facebook at facebook.com/ApplyWithErin or Instagram at instagram.com/pursuingfreedomofficial. Check out her book, Pursuing Freedom, by visiting amazon.com/Pursuing-Freedom-Yourself-Increase-Referrals-ebook/dp/B01LY0YN1I, or email Erin at email@example.com.
7L: The Seven Levels of Communication by Michael J. Maher
The E Myth: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber