Consumers can smell our outdated sales scripts from a mile away. So, why are so many real estate agents still using them? What if we stopped scripting and started asking questions? What if we quit trying to make a sale and simply engaged our leads in a genuine conversation?
Beverly Ruffner is the CEO of BALance Business Consulting, a firm that helps entrepreneurs organize their biggest asset, the CRM. Known as the Queen of Conversion, Beverly has 15 years of experience in the real estate industry, and she served as the Director of Strategic Growth for Commissions Inc. before starting her own coaching and consulting practice.
On this episode, Beverly joins me to explain why asking questions is more effective than following a script and discuss why she focuses on finding out where a lead is in the home buying process. She walks us through a sample phone call with an online lead, sharing how she starts the conversation and why she keeps it going—even if the prospect is ‘just looking.’ Listen in for Beverly’s insight on the value of listening to a lead’s story and learn how to organize your dashboard for intentional follow-up.
- Why asking questions is better than following a script
- The value in finding out where a lead is in the process
- How to start off a phone call with an online lead
- Beverly’s advice on identifying a prospect’s pain point
- The top mistake agents make in conversations with leads
- How to organize your leads for intentional follow-up
- Continuing the conversation when a lead isn’t ready to buy
- Why listening to the lead’s story is key to conversion