In case you hadn’t noticed, the real estate industry is changing. And if you want to compete with companies like Zillow and Opendoor, it’s time to stop seeing investors as the competition. In fact, working with investors (or becoming an investor yourself) is a great way to expand your offering and attract more business.
Joe Bell is the real estate broker, investor and coach behind Legacy Beyond Listings, a platform designed to help agents build wealth through real estate investing. Joe has 15 years of success on the transaction side of the business, and he has been featured as one of Alaska’s Top 40 Under 40. Joe is also the author of Assets, Acquisitions & Abundance: A Guide to Building True Wealth & Legacy Through Real Estate.
On this episode of the podcast, Joe joins me to discuss what inspired him to add an investing arm to his real estate brokerage, explaining how it gives his clients options and helps his agents build wealth. We get real about how the industry is evolving, describing how realtors will have to adapt their offerings and become real estate problem solvers to earn a 6% commission moving forward. Listen in for insight on finding opportunities in the market outside of working with buyers and sellers—and take on Joe’s challenge to become the resource for prospects in distressed situations.
- What inspired Joe to create a real estate investing arm in his brokerage
- Finding opportunities in the market outside of working with buyers and sellers
- How Joe uses brokerage funds to invest on behalf of his agents
- What we will have to do to earn a 6% commission moving forward
- Why agents need to start learning to take down deals and think like an investor
- How Joe has adapted his offering to solve problems for consumers
- How having an investment arm naturally attracts more leads
- Joe’s insight on getting clear on what you’re good at and where you best fit in this evolving industry
- How to generate seller leads the way an investor does
- Joe’s challenge to become the resource for prospects in distressed situations
Connect with Joe
Learn more about Joe’s program and download his free case study at http://www.legacybeyondlistings.com/, and buy his book, Assets, Acquisitions & Abundance: A Guide to Building True Wealth & Legacy Through Real Estate, on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Assets-Acquisitions-Abundance-Building-Through-ebook/dp/B0892WXSK3.