“The way to do business is to serve your clients at a high level. Let them talk about you. Let them tell your story, and just create content around the wins you’re getting for your clients.”
Are you investing thousands of dollars in portal leads? How’s that working out for you? If your business is at the mercy of a third-party you can’t control, it’s time to rethink your marketing strategy. What if you simply gave your clients exceptional customer service—and then told their stories?
Lars Hedenborg is the founder of Real Estate B-School, a coaching program that helps top-producing agents and team leaders build highly profitable, yet sustainable businesses. Today, he joins me to explain his shift from chasing leads to attracting them and share his attract-convert-deliver approach to marketing.
Lars weighs in on the danger in paying a third-party to get in front of consumers, describing the marginal returns of teams who depend on portal leads and the power in marketing case studies of your most successful clients. Listen in for insight around building systems to generate referrals and reviews—and learn how delivering world-class customer service will keep your real estate business relevant, no matter what Zillow or Realtor.com decide to do!
- How systems helped Lars build a sustainable business
- Lars’ shift from chasing leads to attracting them
- The danger in depending on third-party lead sources
- Lars’ attract-convert-deliver approach to marketing
- Marketing case studies of your most successful clients
- Why it’s crucial to deliver a differentiated service
- Why testimonials are more powerful than being #1
- How to make referrals a condition of doing business
- The value in giving a personal gift at closing
- How to leverage Google reviews as social proof
- Lars’ advice around using case studies for recruiting
Connect with Lars
Learn more about Real Estate B-School and schedule your free strategy session with Lars at realestatebschool.com. Listen to the Business Freedom Podcast at blog.realestatebschool.com/podcast.
Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk
The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk
The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself by John Jantsch
93 Extraordinary Referral Systems: Jay Abraham’s Money-Making Strategy Clusters by Jay Abraham
Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Retention by John Ruhlin
‘Creating a Real Estate Customer Experience People Brag About’ on REMD Blog