Have you heard of the 80/20 rule? The idea is that roughly 80% of results come from 20% of the action taken. To apply this idea to business, figure out what one or two activities you do that are most profitable—and do more of that. Instead of trying to do everything, be really good at ONE thing. And by doing less, you can actually make more.
Kase Knochenhauer is the real estate investor, entrepreneur and broker/owner behind Zion REI, a real estate solutions company that invests in distressed properties. He began his career as an agent, working 60-hour weeks as a team lead, broker and investor before realizing that he could work less and make more by niching down to focus on fix-and-flips.
On this episode of the Real Estate Marketing Dude podcast, Kase joins me to explain what inspired his shift from generalist to specialist and discuss how the 80/20 rule applies to top producing agents. He walks us through his process for niching down, describing how he reverse engineered his target market by looking backwards at what works. Listen in for Kase’s insight on disqualifying the leads you don’t want and learn how YOU can leverage the 80/20 principle to work less but increase profits!
- What inspired Kase to transition from generalist to specialist
- How top producing agents apply the 80/20 rule to their business
- Why Kase recommends dropping problematic clients
- How to niche down by looking backwards at what’s worked
- Kase’s 80/20 strategy for dropping and picking up lead sources
- How Kase reverse engineered his target audience and property profile
- The racking the shotgun strategy for disqualifying leads you don’t want
- How COVID is likely to impact the distressed market
- Kase’s advice on marketing to who you serve (not for your ego)
Connect with Kase
Real Estate Marketing Dude