If you’re an ambitious solo agent who’s used to ‘doing it all,’ it can be difficult to consider delegating some of those tasks to someone else. But if you really want to build and scale a thriving real estate business, learning to let go and lead a team is crucial.
Misti Bruton is the Broker-REALTOR at AVO Realty, a real estate company with teams in Austin, San Antonio and Houston. Misti was originally licensed in 1994, and she has been in and out of the industry ever since, leaving to do corporate work and pursue a master’s in counseling before returning to the field in late 2015. Since then, she has gone from working alone to building a powerhouse team that has expanded into several major Texas markets.
Today, Misti sits down with me to share her exponential growth from solo agent to a team of 30 in just 18 months. She explains how coaching has helped her avoid burnout and scale the brokerage via replication and delegation. Misti speaks to her recent implementation of high-level accountability to eliminate entitled agents as well as the structure of her expanding teams in the Austin, San Antonio and Houston markets. Listen in for Misti’s insight on building relationships with online leads, getting clear on your WHY before you build a team, and fostering success through daily habits.
- How Misti went from solo agent to a team of 30 in 18 months
- How coaching has helped Misti avoid burnout and scale her business
- Misti’s method of time tracking to create systems and delegate tasks
- The challenges around Misti’s decision to step out of production in 2018
- How Misti levelled up quickly by hiring 25 agents in 45 days
- How Misti implemented accountability to eliminate entitled agents
- Why Misti employs a 90-day probation period for new agents
- The structure of Misti’s teams in Austin, Houston and San Antonio
- Why it’s more cost-effective to work in teams and share operating expenses
- The breakdown of Misti’s lead sources among SOI, referrals and online leads
- How Misti is creating a mini-funnel to build relationships with online leads
- The value of maintaining communication with clients after closing
- Misti’s insight on the importance of humanizing leads for agents
- Misti’s advice around getting clear on your WHY and building daily habits
Connect with Misti Bruton
Learn more about Misti’s brokerage at greatertexashomes.com and see her coaching profile on Club Wealth at clubwealth.com/about/meet-our-coaches/misti-bruton.