With Zillow’s recent announcement that it’s becoming a brokerage, a lot of agents are worried about how they’re going to compete with the trillion-dollar gorilla. But here’s the thing: Zillow will never be able to have a beer with its clients or become a local community leader. It just can’t build a personal connection with prospects the way YOU can.
On this episode of the Real Estate Marketing Dude podcast, I’m discussing how agents can compete with Zillow by building a strong personal brand. I explain why agents who niche down to a specific audience are more successful than generalists and how embracing your individuality makes content creation easy.
I go on to describe how Zillow is CarMaxing the real estate industry and what we can do to be more consumer-centric ourselves, working to serve clients rather than just sell houses. Listen in for insight on leveraging content creation to build a brand that stands out and find out how YOU have a big-time advantage over Zillow when it comes to building trust with home buyers and sellers.
- How Zillow is CarMaxing the real estate industry with a focus on convenience
- Why we need to adapt to changing consumer habits and SERVE not SELL
- How agents can differentiate themselves through branding to build trust with prospects
- Why agents who niche down to a specific audience are more successful
- How embracing your individuality makes content creation EASY
- Leveraging content creation to be the first real estate agent your sphere thinks of
- The relationship between your position on Google and site visitor numbers
- The advantage we have over Zillow when it comes to building a personal connection