Subscribe Now Listen Later & Get Notified Every Week!
Zillow just gave the bird to the real estate industry…big time. Zillow reportedly wants to “Uber-ize” real estate sales, cutting out the middleman in an increasingly competitive market. And with 75% of property searches going first through their website, you could argue that they can do whatever they want. I’ve brought Justin Lindsey, the brand director of Attracktor, back onto the show to talk about what Zillow is doing, and what the rest of us can do about it.
Zillow is going after brokerages first, claiming that they provide more for agents than traditional brokerages do. Justin and I are picking apart whether we think that’s true, and if so, might it be a good thing for traditional brokerages to feel the pressure? Are we looking at the real estate industry becoming like the travel agent industry of the past?
We have some ideas about what you can do if Zillow’s new strategy results in lost business. Justin and I talk about what YOU need to do as an agent or broker to attract clients and educate them why Zillow’s methods might not be best for them, and how you can get creative with your fee structure to help you justify your costs. We also talk about the importance of specializing in your field, and how it can give you a serious leg up on the competition…including Zillow.
- Zillow’s mission to cut out the middleman in the real estate industry
- Why Zillow can pretty much do whatever they want
- Is it good or bad that Zillow is putting so much pressure on brokerages?
- The top two things that agents want from brokerages
- Why you need to play WITH Zillow, not fight AGAINST them
- Creative ways to structure your fees to attract hesitant clients
- Ways you can protect your business from Zillow’s tactics
- Why it’s vital for real estate agents to specialize and be an expert in their field
Many of the issues we discussed today are things we already train agents to be ready for. To find out more, check out Attracktor at attracktor.com and find out if you can become the next Attracktor in your market.