Do you need real estate scripts?
I’m in a handful of real estate groups and I see a consistent theme occurring.
“Does anyone have an open house script?”
“Does anyone have a seller script?”
“Does anyone have a buyer script?”
What are these real estate scripts that everyone is talking about?
Just before I sat down and started writing this post I received two cold calls from companies that tried “scripting” me.
I gave the first rejection a, “I’m sorry but I’m not interested right now” and BAM!
He immediately went into another script based on my answer, “So you are telling me that you don’t want….” then I hung up. It was like talking to a human autoresponder. I was more turned off by the “Scripting” thing that I am now more unlikely to ever become a customer.
I can’t stand real scripts because I don’t know many people who like being on the receiving end of a script. Think about it.
Many people can smell the BS a mile away.
The worst real estate scripts are the ones that are written out!
It’s because when you are using a real estate script, you are losing most of your authenticity. You cannot undervalue the power of your unique authenticity.
“DUDE YOU’RE CRAZY I”M CONVERTING LEADS LIKE CRAZY“
I hear you, but please hear me out. If you are converting leads on real estate scripts right now you are good, very good. It takes a natural to pull off conversion using some of these scripts almost like The Wolf Of Wall Street’s, Jordan Belfort.
In the movie Jordan is a CLOSER, but he’s natural at it. Those are some hard core scripts, but that’s how sales used to be.
In today’s market nothing could be more opposite because we are living in the connection economy. What’s that mean?
Here’s what Seth Godin had to say. Watch this and take notes.
Buyers and sellers already hate real estate agents so let’s stop creating haters and start creating value for others first. Let’s engage in conversation and focus on creating a relationship first by serving the needs of others..
People Don’t Want To Be Sold, They Want To be Served
In order to build trust, you must first create value.
So I was in a conference the other day which gave me the inspiration for this post.
So there I was watching a presentation and this slide popped up. This was an internet marketing conference, but this also applies to all communication, especially for Realtors.
If you want to start seeing better results with your client conversions, you need to master the art of learning to ask great questions instead of reading off some “script”.
I’m not saying scripts don’t work, I’m just saying I believe this works better. I also believe that it also will fit the personality type of more agents who hate “selling” (I’m one of them).
What Kind Of Questions Should I Ask Sellers To Engage in Conversation?
I took this video right out of our one of my training courses. It’s easier to explain this to you versus write about it.
4 Seller Real Estate Script Questions To Create Conversation
- Are you familiar with what’s going on in the market right now?- Most people have no idea exactly how the market is doing right now. I love giving potential sellers a ”birds eye view” of the market because it allows you to show off expertise and share some valuable insight. Just be honest. If the market is shitty tell them that. If the market is awesome tell them that. It’s by far the best way to build trust and gain authority right away.
- Are you aware of how important market time is?- I love this question because I already know most sellers have no idea, which then allows me to give them a mini-listing presentation on the phone by explaining how we position houses for sale. The point I want to make is that I am a marketer who happens to have a real estate license and not the other way around. This allows me to explain the 3 ways to properly position a house for sale. This builds instant authority. I wrote another article on this subject and encourage you to read it because we can go on forever here. It’s called 3 Things You Must Talk About In Every Listing Presentation. This is your seller real estate script. I also wrote it on my local real estate blog here you can check out The 3 Ways To Position Your House For Sale.
- Have you prepared a net sheet?- This is the big one that will separate you from the rest. I am amazed at how many agents do not do this as a service even after they are hired. One of the things that sellers love most is when you offer to provide them with a net sheet because it’s something many of them have not yet thought about. What do you think is more important to a seller, what the house sells for or what they walk away with? HINT: getting closing costs also allows you to ask questions about the house and give them a CMA at the same time doesn’t it?
- Are you looking to buy another house after you sell this one and if so do you have to sell to buy?- I love this question because the selling and buying at the same time process is so tricky you know that they cannot do it on their own. Every time I point this out to a seller lead it leads to a longer conversation which allows them to see the need to hire a professional. I would spend the whole phone call on this question and explain how to buy and sell at the same time. Regardless of the conversation it will always lead to a face-to-face meeting because it has to be mapped out in person. You might want to also check out this article 7 Steps To Selling & Buying A House At The Same Time. This is your seller script.
All of these questions lead to me providing value first. It’s when I provide value first that getting an appointment is more likely.
Buyer Real Estate Script Questions To Create Conversation
This is also taken out of one of my training courses within Attracktor.
Your primary goal in speaking with any potential buyer lead should be to set up a face to face meeting. One of the easiest ways to get burnt out in real estate is by showing someone many properties only to find out they cannot get a loan, change of mind, or are not very realistic in their search.
You want to set a buyers consultation for the following reasons:
- Build rapport and gain trust
- Build authority
- Qualify the buyer
- Find out what they want
As long as you can accomplish these 4 goals, you will see better use of your time. The 45 minutes you meet with potential buyers will be the best investment of your time you can make.
This video is all about how to set more appointments with both cold and warm buyer leads by engaging them in conversation first and focusing on creating value.
Scripting is a live form of marketing! What you say and how you say it has an extreme importance, especially when prospecting for buyers and running cold marketing systems.
Scripting should be all about building rapport and setting an appointment. It should not be about trying to “close” someone.
You might also want to check out this content:
I really hope this helps you in your business. Did it? Let me know what you think. Help me get the word out by sharing this with others.